- This event has passed.
A Big Think 2018- Demo day (Business Idea Audition)
May 8, 2018 @ 8:00 am - June 15, 2018 @ 5:00 pm KSTFree
The big day has arrived! If you have been attending the OASIS Startup lesson series at the Seoul Global Business Center or elsewhere, you know this day was coming and it’s finally here. Go pitch your business idea to a team of professional and get insights about how to improve your business plan and if you have a great business idea, you might win some prizes or get fast-tracked to get the Start-up-Visa (D-8-4). Please read below the complete detail about this big day:
Seoul Global Center, a Business Navigator for Foreign Startups and investors, is going to hold a demo day(Business Idea Audition) for foreigners who want to acquire a Start-up visa(D-8-4).
This competition is co-hosting with KIPA(Korea Invention Promotion Association), KPC(Korean Productivity Center), and Kookmin University to discover and foster foreign entrepreneurs with business ideas.
If you have a good business idea, It is time for you to apply for this event. Suggest and get evaluated! We will help you to set up a corporation and get a Start-up visa(D-8-4) to do business in Korea with your business ideas alone.
– Application Period: May. 8 – June. 15. 2018
– Eligibility: Foreigners(a person/a group) or Koreans-foreigners teams those have technology-based business ideas.
Applicants shall have an Associate’s degree(from Korea)/ Bachelor’s degree(from overseas) or higher.
– Submission[via email]: [email protected]
– Required documents: 1. Application form(Download)
2. Summary of Business plan(within 3 pages, free form)
3. Video Presentation(Approx 3-5mins, free form) – Optional
– Introduce yourself(team) and brief about your business plan.
– You can link your presentation using Youtube or you can directly send it via email
4. Business plan(PPT or PDF, free form)
5. Team profile with photo(free form)
6. a copy of ARC or passport
* What is technology-based Business idea?
– Any product or service related or combined with technology such as Smart phone, app, IoT and etc
– Application[Via Email]: May. 8 – June. 15
– Preliminary Round(Documents Evaluation): Business plan review/ Result announcement on June 22
– Final Round (10 teams): Pitching Day(Presentation) on June 29 (2 pm to 5 pm) @ Google campus Seoul
Prize and Award
The winners will get privileges as follows(Those who receive first through third prize at the Final Round).
– OASIS 3 : Intellectual Property Application Support and Prototype Production Support by KIPA
– OASIS 5 : Start-up Coaching & Mentoring plus 25 points by KPC & SGC
– OASIS 6 : Start-up VISA(D-8-4) 25 points (Prerequisite point) by Immigration Office
– OASIS 7 : Offering incubation office free pass(for one year) by SGC
* OASIS 7 is provided to only for first prize winner.
– OASIS 8 : Support for Corporation Establishment and issuing of Start-up VISA by KPC
– Providing professional Business consulting(Tax, Incorporation, Intellectual property) ordinarily
Money Prize [1st – 3rd]
– 1st place: 1 team, 1,000,000 KRW
– 2nd place: 2 teams, 300,000 KRW each
– 3rd place: 2 teams, 200,000 KRW each
– (02)2075-4139 or email at [email protected]